What data do we collect?When you register, we store the following data using the registration form:
- Date and Place of Birth
- A photo of you for identification purposes
- Residence: Street, Town and Country
- E-Mail Address
- Phone Number
- Type/Country and Number of Pilot's Licence
- Language Proficiency Expiry Date
- Type of Radio Certificate
- Mother Tongue
- Preferred Flight Rules (VFR/IFR)
- Video and Audio Recording of your Webcam
- Your Numeric Client Identification ID
LPCheck Lab stores a copy of each certificate due to Transport Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s requirements.
How do we collect your data?
We only process data you provide us directly and do not use any of your data originating from third parties. Your data is collected using an online registration form filled in by you and by using your computer's camera and microphone. Additionally, your user ID is stored in a session variable (similar to a cookie, see section "Cookies" below) during the online test and the interview.
In exceptional cases (only when there are technical difficulties connecting to our online video room), we use Skype as a backup for the interview. You can find their privacy note here
If you agree, data used for marketing purposes is stored using Google Analytics. You can find more information on this system below..
How will we use your data?
LPCheck collects your data so that we can:
- Tailor the test experience for you (e.g. according to licence type)
- Notify you of bookings, your registration and results
- Provide you with your certificate and an invoice
- Identify you during the test and interview
- Fill your certificate with required personal data
- Improve the website and our marketing
We may use anonymized extracts of audio (and audio only) recordings for examiner training. Working on real-world examples is an essential part of such training.
Who can access the data?
The following persons or organizations will have access to your data:
- The language proficiency examiner grading your test
- The language proficiency examiner conducting and grading the interview
- The technical supervisor responsible for the test system and data storage
- Transport Malta, the authority overseeing the LPCheck language assessment body to conduct examiner oversight.
- Your test results will have to be forwarded by you to your civil aviation authority so that your certificate can be recognized
- Google, if you agree to the use of Google Analytics. However, this does not comprise your user data given during registration. It will never be given away.
How do we store your data?
Connection to our website, including the test and interview system, is only possible via a secure connection using TLS (you may recognize such a secure connection by the "https" in the URL and/or a closed lock symbol in the address bar of your browser). Such connections are encrypted end-to-end.
All videos (including audio) recorded from your camera and microphone are stored encrypted on the server. We use the AES-encryption algorithm with a 256-bit key.
LPCheck will keep your data for a period of seven years to fulfil legal requirements (record keeping according to ICAO doc 9835). Once this time period has expired, we will delete it.
All data is stored on servers in Austria, Germany or Switzerland.
If you agree, data used for marketing purposes will be stored using Google Analytics.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
No such system is used.
We will not contact you for any marketing purposes, except for inviting you to take the test with us again and to invite you to provide feedback.
If you agree, we use Google Analytics for marketing purposes. You can find more information and a link to opt-out in the cookies section below.
- The right to access – You have the right to request LPCheck for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that LPCheck correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that LPCheck erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that LPCheck restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to LPCheck’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that LPCheck transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are files placed on your computer to collect log and visitor behavior information.
When you visit our website for the first time, as a default, no cookie is stored. You will then be asked which cookies you would like to accept. There are actually two kinds of cookies required: your numeric user ID so that your test session can be identified and your login verified, and the cookie that actually stores your cookie acceptance status. The former is created when you login to test or interview and destroyed as soon as you leave the calendar page at the end of the test or quit the interview. Optionally, we also use Google Analytics for marketing purposes and to improve the website. You can choose if you accept the use of Google Analytics in the cookie settings dialog that is presented to you when you first visit the page. There will be no disadvantage in website usability for you at all if you refuse it.
What types of cookies do we use?
Required: your access credential validity and numeric user ID to track your login status and identify your test or interview session.
Optional: Google Analytics
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a tool created by Google that helps website operators monitor and analyze website traffic.
It collects data by placing a cookie on a user’s browser when they visit a site.
How to manage cookies
You can set your preferences in the cookie settings dialog that appears when you first visit the website. You can also set your browser not to accept cookies. However, we have no control over to what extent this affects Google Analytics if you have agreed to its use on our website.
Please note that when you opt-out of all cookies, you will not be able to use the website until you opt-in again.
To opt-out from all cookies click here.
To opt-out from Google Analytics only click here.
Privacy policies of other websites
The LPCheck website contains links to other websites.
As we - subject to your agreement - use Google Analytics, you may want to check the following documents:
Google General Terms of Service
Google Analytics Terms of Service
How to contact us
For other means of contact, please see our Imprint
How to contact the appropriate authority
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Floor 2, Airways House
Sliema, SLM 1549
Phone +356 2328 7100